Located at Walden Lexington Park, Hope Place is Walden’s largest outpatient substance use and mental health treatment center. Our facility is well-known for its multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach to behavioral health treatment and recovery. Rather than relying on a one-size-fits-all approach, we strive to customize our treatment plans based on the needs of each client. Our clients participate in engaging groups or individual sessions and collaborate with staff on their treatment plan. This approach results in a personalized experience more suited to the specifics of their condition, their medical history, and their goals for recovery.
We realize that not everyone striving to recover from addiction either needs or wishes to check-in to a residential center. This is why our programs are offered on an outpatient basis. Our clients can continue living on their own while coming in for the support and assistance they need during their journey.
Walden programs are licensed by the State of Maryland and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We strive to customize treatment to address the personal needs and conditions of our clients.
Substance Use Assessment Walk-In Hours:
- Monday-Friday: 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
- In order to help you obtain same-day appointments, we recommend that you be present at 9:00 am Monday-Thursday or 8:00 am on Friday.
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Call (301) 327-2555 to leave voicemail and request contact for admissions support
- Address: 21770 FDR Blvd., Lexington Park, MD 20653
- Phone: (301) 327-2555
- Fax: 301.866.9189
View our brochure to learn more about Hope Place.
Beacon of Hope Recovery & Wellness Community Center
The Beacon of Hope Recovery & Wellness Community Center is a peer-operated community center offering free services to the public. Here you will find a team of recovery coaches and peer support specialists who can help you or a loved one begin the recovery journey, maintain sobriety, and keep moving towards new goals in recovery.
Programs and features at Beacon of Hope include:
- Lending Library
- Peer support groups such as SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery, All Recovery and 12 Step literature-based recovery groups
- Family support and parenting informational groups
- Exercise and wellness activities
- One-on-one recovery coaching
- Phone recovery check-ups and support
- Recreational activities
- Special events and educational workshops (check our calendar)
- Meeting spot for unaffiliated 12 step meeting groups
Beacon’s services are free to anyone 18 + interested in recovery and wellness.
- Monday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday: 11:00 am- 7 pm
- Friday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00am- 2:30 pm
- 21770 FDR Blvd., Lexington Park, MD 20653
Phone: (301) 327-2555
Read more about the services at Beacon of Hope here.
The Cove/DFZ Adolescent Clubhouse
At the Cove, we provide free support and help for children and adolescents ages 12 to 17 who have been impacted by drug addiction, whether by misusing a substance themselves or encountering a family member who is struggling with addiction. The Cove serves as a safe, sober, and fun place for adolescents to receive counseling and support.
Features of the Cove include:
- Safe, fun and sober place for youth
- Activities, trips, tutoring, and life skills
- Youth and family support groups
- Youth Wellness Recovery Action Planning
- Volunteer opportunities for youth
- Screening and referrals for treatment and other community support
Monday- Friday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm during the academic school year
Monday-Friday: 9:00 am - 5 p.m. during academic holidays/summer
- Weekend hours vary by activities planned
- Phone: (301) 327-2555
Learn more about the support offered by the Cove in our brochure.