Alcohol Addiction, or alcohol dependency disorder, is exhibited by drinking to excess, or drinking consistently, to the point where the drinking causes distress and harm. Our Southern Maryland alcohol rehabilitation center is a place to release yourself from the grip of alcohol, while finding tools to cope with the traumas of your past and the stress of today. At Walden, we understand that addiction and mental health disorders are a brain-based wellness concern and we believe that life should not be lived at the mercy of alcohol.
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a clinical diagnosis and is characterized by 11 criteria, according to the American Addiction Centers Resource website:
- Drinking more than intended, or continuing to drink past the expected time
- Trying to cut back or stop drinking, but being unsuccessful
- Feeing sick from hangover, drunk, or wanting to get drunk is a daily cycle
- Having cravings for alcohol
- Experiencing interference in daily life and relationships due to drinking or being sick from alcohol
- Continuing to drink despite it hurting your relationships
- Changing, cutting back, or giving up hobbies to drink more
- Putting yourself at risk of harm because of alcohol
- Increased tolerance, requiring the need for more alcohol to feel the same effects
- Drinking alcohol despite it worsening a health condition, especially anxiety or depression
- Experiencing withdrawals as the effects of alcohol wear off
Although AUD is not clinically the same as alcoholism, AUD exhibits much of the same symptoms, and those with AUD often also struggle with alcoholism. If you or someone you know exhibits these symptoms, it is time to discuss treatment and seek help.
Walden Treatment Options
Our team of alcohol rehabilitation specialists use a trauma-informed approach to all our healing and recovery programs. We believe in comprehensive care that is personalized to your unique needs. We offer:
Financial Options Available
We understand that taking the first step to get help requires courage and can be financially stressful, as well. Our treatment center accepts Maryland Medicaid plans and state funding, so that you can get the care that you need no matter what. Don’t let finances be the reason you miss out on the opportunity for a fresh start. Contact our Southern Maryland team of alcohol dependence professionals to discuss your options and how we can work with you to get the treatment that can change your life. You are worth it.
Contact our team 24/7 to learn more at (301) 327-2555.